Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From the Interns' Desk: Ashton's Story

My name is Ashton Hutches, and I was the Development and Communications Intern for this past summer.  As a 2nd year graduate student in public health at Texas A&M Health Science Center, I believe that interning with the American Red Cross of Central Texas was an excellent opportunity for me to further develop my knowledge and skills set.   

While working closely with the Chief Development Officer and the Development and Communications team, I gained valuable experience collaborating on a variety of different development and fundraising projects.  I have always felt passionately about the role that non-profit organizations have in their community, and throughout the internship, I became more aware of the contribution that the Red Cross makes to the health and needs of people within the Austin area.  Overall, it was a very rewarding experience to be a part of a humanitarian organization that has such a profound impact on the lives of people throughout the world. Even though my internship is over, you will find me still volunteering with my local Red Cross!


We (the staff in Central Texas) would like to thank Ashton for her great work this summer. Would you like to join us as an intern? Check out all of our Internship Opportunities

No comments:

Post a Comment