Saturday, March 19, 2011

SXSW Cares


Who would have thought my job and love of music would collide?  Not me.  I had the privilege moments ago of being back stage at Auditorium Shores with my favorite band, Bright Eyes, and then went on stage in front of thousands of music fans to talk about the American Red Cross and the fact that we were there collecting donations for the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami.  The response from all the music fans was indescribable.  A friend of mine called me as soon as I left the stage and said I did a wonderful job of connecting with the crowd.  Honestly I was grateful to just be breathing when I walked off the stage.  I can’t believe that I am lucky enough to work for an organization that has such an amazing mission!

If you would want to help by making a donation you can:
  • Donate online at www.redcross.org
  • Make a $10 donation by texting REDCROSS to 90999
-Stephanie Cosmas

No comments:

Post a Comment